What do I write about?
- “Nathan Hale (1890), by Frederick MacMonnies,” in Seeing America: Paintings and Sculpture from the Collection of the Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester (Rochester, NY: University of Rochester Press, 2006), 105-108.
- “Museums, the Environment, and Public History,” in Philip V. Scarpino and Martin Melosi, eds., Public History and the Environment, (Robert E. Krieger Publishing Co., Malabar, FL, 2004), 127-138.
- Guest Editor, Material History Review, Special Issue on Popular Culture and Material Culture (Ottawa, National Museum of Science and Technology), Vol. 54 (Fall, 2001).
- Review of Museums and American Intellectual Life, 1876-1926, by Steven Conn, Journal of American History (Bloomington, IN, Organization of American Historians), Vol. 86:3 (December 1999), 1364.
- Review of Detroit African American Museum exhibition “Of the People: The African American Experience,” American Quarterly (Washington, DC, American Studies Association), Vol. 51:2 (June 1999), 426-36.
- “Interpreting Environmental History Through Material Culture,” Material History Review (Ottawa, National Museum of Science and Technology) Vol. 46 (Fall 1997), 5-16.
- “Communicating Critical Historical Scholarship Through Museum Exhibition: A Museum Historian’s View,” Studies in History and Museums [Mercury Series for History, No. 47] (Hull, Quebec, Canadian Museum of Civilization, 1994), Peter E. Rider, ed., 57-76.